The Forge shopping centre will continue its support of the Glasgow Children’s Hospital through the Oor Wullie Big Bucket Trail by sponsoring an Oor Wullie Sculpture to be situated within the Centre.
Oor Wullie’s BIG Bucket Trail runs for 11 weeks from 17th June 2019 – 30th August 2019.
Scotland’s first ever national public art trail will unite the country as it raises awareness and vital funds for Scotland’s children’s hospitals.
The Centre will also host 12 mini Oor Wullies decorated by Schools in our local area. This display will remain throughout the bucket trail period. These include the following:
- Airdrie Girl Jucos (Youth Club)
- Aultmore Park Primary and LCR
- Burnside Primary
- Calderglen High School
- David Livingston Memorial Primary
- Golfhill Primary School
- Lochend Community High School
- Quarry Brae Primary School
- Royal Hospital for Children – Ward 1C – Day Care Unit
- St Michaels Primary School
- St Timothy’s Primary School
- Tower View Nursery School
Each weekend from 22nd June until 25th August we will have weekend activities featuring our feature character Oor Wullie 12-4pm each day free of charge.
- 22-23 June – Paint a portrait of Oor Wullie
- 29-30 June Decorate your Oor Wullie Bucket
- 6-7 July Zentangle Oor Wullie
- 13-14 July Oor Wullie Mixed Media
- 20-21 July Oor Wullie Mosaic
- 27-28 July Create your own Oor Wullie Sculpture
- 3-4 August Oor Wullie Coasters
- 10-11 August Decorate an Oor Wullie Mug
- 17-18 August Oor Wullie Doorhangers & Bookmarks
- 24-25 August Design your own Oor Wullie T-Shirt
The Forge Shopping Centre is here to make your experience unFORGEttable #makeitforge #unforgettable #OWBBT