*COVID UPDATE 17/11/20*
Following from today’s Scottish Government announcement, non-essential retail within the Centre will close at 6pm on Friday 20th November until Friday 11th December 2020.
The centre will remain open for all essential retail during this period.
In this time non-essential retail, close contact services, leisure facilities and hospitality will close.
Santa’s Grotto will also close on Friday evening at 6pm. For those who have made a booking during the level 4 lockdown period – we will be in contact soon to refund or reschedule your booking.
Keep an eye on our website and social pages for further updates.
Santa’s Grotto will open on Monday 16th November and will remain open until 24th December 2020. Our aim is to provide a Christmas Grotto experience, whilst observing current government guidelines. The Grotto will be located in the upper mall next to Cineworld.
We’ve been working hard with Santa and his elves to ensure the safety of all our team members and guests throughout your visit. There are systems in place to ensure the Grotto remains Covid-secure during this period.
- Only a maximum of two children will be allowed access to the Grotto at any time. They can only be accompanied by maximum of 2 parents/guardians who live with the children.
- We have had to limit the numbers to the grotto at a time to ensure the time limits are met for the next family. If you have a larger family please book time slots beside each other to allow for additional time at the Grotto.
- All adult visitors and children age 5 and over MUST wear face masks/coverings.
- Members of the public and children will be asked to sanitize their hands as they enter the Grotto
- There is no waiting area at the grotto, please arrive 5 minutes prior to your booked time.
- Those who are early will be asked to come back at their booked time.
- Those who are late may be refused entry.
- Children will be required to social distance from Santa. Therefore, there will be no close contact with babies for photographs – parents will be required to carry babies at all times.
- Keep your distance from Santa and his helpers. There will be clearly marked zones within the Grotto so that everyone can socially distance.
- Currently we have a reduced number of tickets on sale as we have limited capacity.
- While we may be able to introduce more tickets later, we encourage you to book early so you don’t miss out.
Our grotto protocols:
- Fogged once per week
- Daily zoono cleans
- Weekly Santa testing
- Daily temperature checks for staff
- Online booking to avoid queues
- Only 2 parent/guardians & 2 children maximum per visit
- Socially distanced from Santa
- Grotto sanitised after each visit
- Gifts have been isolated after wrapping
- All names of children and adults must be supplied on the booking form for Track & Trace Compliance
- Please note: Grotto bookings are not refundable unless Government advice changes regarding local lockdowns.