The Forge Shopping Centre is a child safe shopping centre and as part of our family facilities, we offer a hotline number to assist parents and guardians in finding children who have been separated from them whilst out shopping.
Collect your free child safe shopping wrist band from the customer service desk. Please remember to enter your phone number on the wristband.
The child safe scheme is in operation to tackle the frightening moment when a child runs of in a crowd. The scheme ensures that should your youngster wander off or become lost are easily and quickly reunited with their parent or guardian.
If you lose a child whilst shopping
- Stay close to where you last saw the child
- Speak directly to our Security team who will help you
- Phone our helpline to report your missing child 0141 556 1172
Teach your child to do the following, if they get lost
- Stop, stand still and look, don’t run about
- If they see the person they were with, go to them and hold their hand
- If lost in a shop, go to the nearest till point and talk to the shop staff (Most shop assistants will wear uniforms or name badges)
- Do not go up to anyone else and do not leave the shopping centre with a stranger!
The best way to help a lost child
- Encourage children to stay close to you
- Use reins or wrist links
- Don’t leave them in an unsupervised play area
- Carry an up to date photograph of your child
- Take note of what your child is wearing