After everything that’s happened this year, at the very least we all want to enjoy a nice Christmas lunch/dinner. And, of course, making the table a welcoming place for guests to linger is just as important as the food. As potentially tiring/daunting as it seems, arranging the perfect Christmas table couldn’t be easier! Create a memorable setting for this year’s Christmas dinner with the Forge’s inspirational ideas for decorating your dining space. From metallic modern fun to Victorian vintage charm, it’s time to get in the festive mood. Get creative with your centrepiece. Choose candles, flowers – faux or real – holly, painted branches or even a reindeer – just make sure it matches in with the rest of your Christmas colour scheme. Producing that magical holiday feel is surprisingly simple – your table decorations don’t have to be fancy or elaborate. (And you certainly don’t have to spend a fortune!) @josiesmithmedia has put together some table tips and shopping inspiration from a few of our fantastic @forgeshopping centre retailers..
- Start with one key element. Do you want to use the beautiful red tablecloth your Gran gave you? Have a set of colourful crackers taken your fancy? Build your colour theme from there with matching napkins or candles.
- Create a happy relaxed atmosphere and ensure that Grandad can enjoy himself as much as your four-year-old by arranging some party games as soon as your guests sit down. This relieves the stress as you are putting last-minute touches to the food.
- Tea lights make a nice change from candles. Set a couple in front of each setting so the whole table is twinkling with lights. (Or use battery-operated candles if there are very small children involved.)
- Get the children to write place settings. If you have glittery pens all the better. You might even trust them to decide where everyone sits – although be prepared for some surprises if you do!
- Before you serve the pudding, you can turn out the lights and get your guests to light sparklers (buy ones intended for use indoors.)
- For shimmer and sparkle, buy inexpensive tree decorations, such as small baubles or glittery stars, and place them in bowls along the table, alongside co-ordinating napkins and a tablecloth.
- Place an individual tiny table present at each place setting. To make the shopping easier, buy the same item for all the men, and something different for all the women, or organise it by age, with all the children receiving the same gift.
- Alternatively, get everyone to contribute an inexpensive gift for an anonymous Secret Santa, and remember – no Christmas table is complete without party poppers!
Christmas Product Inspiration
@ ASDA Christmas Disney Mickey Mouse Dinner Set – 12 Piece – Was £40/Now £32/Save £8!
Dust some Disney magic over the festivities with this Christmas dinner set from George Home. Designed in white it’s printed with our favourite mouse couple and it contains 4 dinner plates, side plates, and cereal bowls.
@ ASDA Amefa Vintage Kings 16pc Cutlery Set – £18
A spoonful of nostalgia and a slice of everyday, Vintage embodies the best of the past, with practical pieces that exude character. It’s a trend that’s inspired us to love our homes, mixing old and new to create a lived-in space with real charm. This set has a grand, ornate design that is perfect for special occasions, like Christmas and NYE.
@ Yankee Candle Snowflake Frost Jar Candle Holder – £9.99
Just the perfect candle holder for this time of year with a beautiful gold snowflake design.
@ Savers Febreze Fabric Lavender 500ml – £2.00
Febreze fabric freshening spray with a lavender scent, removes odours from fabrics including clothes, furniture and carpets – just in time for Christmas! This fabric refresher will leave fabrics around your household smelling beautifully floral and fragrant.
@ ASDA Silver Luxury Crackers 6-Pack – £8
This six pack of luxury crackers is perfect for festivities. Contents include measuring spoons; bottle opener; carabiner; nail file; screwdriver set and shoehorn. All crackers contain a hat, motto and snap.
@ ASDA Multi Disney Bambi Dinner Set – 12 Piece – £35
Invite Disney to dinner this Xmas with this adorable set of cool white/ice blue Bambi printed tableware from George Home. This co-ordinated set contains 4 dinner plates, side plates, and cereal bowls – they’ll be polishing off their meals in no time with the help of some Disney magic!
@ Yankee Candle Surprise Snowfall – Medium Jar Candle £19.99
Swirling snowflakes brighten the crisp winter air with the fresh scents of verbena, silver spruce, and winter fruit. The traditional design of Yankee’s signature classic jar candle reflects a warm, relaxed sense of style that’s always at home. Convenient and easy to use, their medium jar candle provides 65 to 90 hours of true fragrance enjoyment.
@ One Below an irresistible shopping experience with over 5,000 amazing value products every day! I challenge you to be unable to find something to decorate your Christmas table with in-store!